Rise is building a bank all businesses love, and can't live without! This turns out to be a pretty wild endeavor, so we’re looking to bring someone smart onto our executive team to help us out.
We are looking for a strong product leader to take on the role of VP/Head of Product at our Montreal headquarters. The role will work directly with our founders and executives to chart the course of Rise's product development. A successful VP/Head of product will be a people-person with a strong leadership and management background, proven experience scaling teams, and a passion for building world-class consumer products.
As VP/Head of product you’ll work with product managers, design leaders, user researchers, and technical leaders to ensure we are building world class products that provide value to our customers and partners while meeting Rise's business objectives. You have what it takes to see the big picture and help steer the rocket ship. You’re a master at motivating teams and helping them understand the strategic direction of the company and how their work fits within it. You excel as a coach, working closely with our product management team and driving a relentless focus on the customer experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Work directly with the founders and company leaders to understand Rise's direction, co-develop strategy, and translate that strategy into a product roadmap that will deliver world class results
- Lead and guide a growing team of product managers, designers, and UX researchers to continually deliver against our roadmap at quality and pace
- Help set and maintain the right balance between iterative quick wins, longer-term structural improvements, and paying down technical debt
- Lead people/recruiting team efforts to find, recruit, interview, onboard and grow our tremendous pool of talent; ensure we can hit near-impossible growth goals by taking an active approach every day
- Ensure that the product team is structured to be aligned to the needs of the business
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in our product and software development lifecycle processes, working closely with engineering and design leaders to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of our cross functional teams
- Motivate the whole team to be involved in the tech community to bolster Rise's presence and reputation; encourage others to step up but show them the way
- Work with business stakeholders at other companies, often serving as a connection point for relationships, partnerships or initiatives.
- Figure out how to get great outcomes by setting the appropriate context and expectations, rather than by trying to control, set policies, or dictate directions
Who we're looking for:
- Great executive managers and leaders who will ensure we reach our vision for the best product team in Canada
- Experts who understand how product management is done at the best companies in the world, especially B2B product companies, silicon-valley successes, etc.
- Community-builders who are passionate about people being together and growing in-person teams here on the prairies: building trust, creating close ties, nurturing communication and fostering strong relationships
- Motivating leaders who spend time contextualizing and sharing the company’s strategic goals to help individuals feel connected and involved
- Driven, performance-focused leaders who don’t just run teams, but who constantly push them and level them up
- Leaders with excellent judgement who can make and support others with difficult trade-off decisions quickly and decisively
- Coaches who are able to guide teams across the product management spectrum of delivery, from strategic planning to ticket-level execution and release planning
- Startup innovators who understand that we can’t move faster or win by creating endless processes, approvals, checkpoints, policies, or rules
- Flexible leaders who can hop on a ship in motion: you’re excited to help us improve a spotify-team model, continuous delivery, kanban, and more.
- Aligned partners who value what we value (e.g. ownership, winning, diversity)
- Confident managers who can hold others accountable, and who speak out against mediocre or sub-par results anywhere at Rise
- Highly ambitious, big-picture thinkers who can imagine what Rise can be and can execute on our plan to get there in an impossibly short time
- Dedicated career-minded individuals who realize that a VP role needs to be a tremendously important focus in their life (while also being a huge opportunity)
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate to Montreal.
What will help you succeed:
- 5+ years of experience as a CPO, VP of Product or similar position
- At least 10 years of management/leadership experience at technology organizations or while building technology-focused products.
- Experience with startup organizations or winning companies in the tech industry; B2B tech product experience is a huge asset
- Experience scaling and leading at scale; you’ve grown and managed teams of at least 50, where you coordinated other managers and leaders daily
- Strong understanding of modern development technologies and methodologies, as well as proven experience building strategies using the latest trends
What it’s like to work with us:
At Rise, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.
About applying with Rise:
Rise is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.