Rise is building a bank all businesses love, and can't live without! This turns out to be a pretty wild endeavor, so we’re looking to bring someone smart onto our compliance team to help us out.
In Product Compliance, you’ll be a part of multiple teams tasked with building processes (like our Training procedures) and systems (like our first GRC solution) in support of a new and better Rise. You’ll need to grow your Compliance expertise alongside cross-functional product teams working on things like our statement creation and complaint monitoring systems as they build banking services that can serve every legitimate business in the world, piece-by-piece. You’ll support your teams with thoughtful and durable requirements and feedback, in addition to a share of the practical non-Compliance tasks necessary to deliver on features.
Here are some things you’ll do on the job:
- Work day-to-day on stellar cross-functional teams to build and ship amazing products that serve the needs of businesses worldwide.
- Build a framework for tracking and supporting the ever increasing number of processes and systems associated with your teams, in support of Rise's Compliance Management System.
- Identify, build, and deliver analyses and documentation aligned with identified risks, including any risks to the success of your teams’ projects.
- Support your coworkers within the Compliance team by contributing your expertise, while also staying plugged-in to compliance team processes and needs.
- Partner with engineers, designers, and others throughout Rise.
- Author large amounts of written documentation.
- Invest in and grow your skillset to keep up with the projects you are working on, and will be working on in the coming months and years.
- Be excited by the prospect of doing highly practical compliance work in support of products, alongside the people building them.
- Bring systems thinking and a plan for how to sustainably organize the interactions between growing sets of requirements, controls, and other factors.
- Have a track record of continuing personal growth, and possess a thoughtful perspective on the continuing education you want to pursue in the future.
- Have experience in the financial services industry, with payment networks and financial technology.
- Have experience in some form of product team environment building and shipping software (technical or systems administration experience a plus).
- Be fluent in the language of bank transactions, including ACH, check, debit card, and wire transfers, both domestic and international.
- Enjoy gaining a very deep and granular understanding of all the people, processes and systems that affect the performance of your areas of responsibility.
- Understand the business banking landscape and have familiarity with international activity and ownership.
- Communicate complicated concepts with efficiency and clarity, both in speech and writing.
- Love problem solving and making teams, product, and processes more efficient.
- Derive joy from customer joy.
- Have a strong product sense.