Rise is building a bank all businesses love, and can't live without! This turns out to be a pretty wild endeavor, so we’re looking to bring someone smart onto our operations team to help us out.
About the Role
At Rise, the People Operations team is responsible for the performance of all other departments. It is a business function - not a service function - where excellent operations can increase the performance of every hire in the company. From recruiting to onboarding to continued training, the people team supports leadership and managers with analysis and procedures to ensure each team can reach their ambitious goals. We are looking to add our first associate to design, implement, and refine processes that allows Rise, both as an organization and the people it is made up of, to continue growing as effectively as possible.
What You’ll Do
- Create, refine and automate processes to scale up our recruiting, onboarding, and internal operations
- Continue building out our learning and development capabilities, partnering with both internal subject matter experts and external vendors to upskill managers and individual contributors
- Run and improve our onboarding process for all new Risings, ensuring that every team member becomes fully productive as quickly as possible
- Analyze data from disparate sources to identify issues and propose solutions across our people operations, in areas like hiring projections and meeting best practices
What you’ll need
- Minimum 1 year of work experience (domain-expertise is not required, this role is a great fit for a generalist)
- Willingness to get your hands dirty; you will constantly switch between designing and executing processes. Analytics alone won’t solve the task at hand.
- Excellent communication skills, across the entire spectrum from nervous employees on their first day to compensation discussions with managers
- A high degree of comfort with spreadsheets and formulas (beyond VLOOKUP)
- People skills and high trustworthiness to support colleagues across the company with small mundane questions and large sensitive issues alike
- A good grasp of business models. To advocate for the right changes, our team must understand how Rise's different teams interact to create and distribute our product
- Speed - we move quickly and find that those who enjoy working with us the most find this energizing rather than stressful
Nice to haves
- Interest in no-code or automation (e.g. tools like Zapier, Typeform, Google Sheets, Airtable)
- Some experience with databases (e.g. writing SQL). We don’t work in databases, but familiarity with data structures will help you in building procedures and systems