Rise is building a bank all businesses love, and can't live without! This turns out to be a pretty wild endeavor, so we’re looking to bring someone smart onto our business development team to help us out.
We are hiring a full-time Head of Corporate Development to join our team in Montreal, Qc. In this role, you will help drive the corporate development strategy and its execution inclusive of strategic external partnerships, M&A and commercialization opportunities for Rise.
What you'll be doing:
- Support Rise's leadership team by evaluating strategic initiatives and key decision processes
- Drive strategic partnerships with market leaders, associations, and partners across a range of industries
- Build and run Rise's strategic planning process to translate financial objectives into strategic priorities
- Generate new revenue opportunities
- Maintain a pulse on competitive landscape and share feedback with senior leadership
- Support investor relations
- Identify, negotiate, close and execute strategic national partnerships
- Build & run Rise's strategic planning process to translate financial objectives into strategic priorities
Who we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in investment banking, corporate planning and deal environments
- An MBA/other advanced degrees (Finance, Engineering) considered an asset
- A high level of proficiency in negotiation and closing sophisticated enterprise or partnership deals
- Adept in managing partner relationships
- Persuasive and relational, good at quickly understanding situations and recognizing value
- A skilled manager and leader who enjoys mentoring and growing their team
- Superior analytical skills and solid commercial acumen evidenced through achievements, with the ability to support decisions in order to achieve results
What will help you succeed:
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate relationships with senior leadership
- Experience working in start-ups and hypergrowth environments
What it’s like to work with us:
At Rise, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.
About applying with Rise:
Rise is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.