Rise is building a bank all businesses love, and can't live without! This turns out to be a pretty wild endeavor, so we’re looking to bring someone smart onto our management team to help us out.
Rise is seeking an experienced, strategic leader to join the team as a key partner to our CEO and the rest of the management team. The successful hire will handle the company's income and expenses, investments, and overall capital structure, playing a pivotal role in the company's long-term success. This position will be located in Montreal, QC.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage all financial operations (financial planning, accounting, cash management, investments, audit and fiscal functions), corporate finance (FP&A, bank partnerships, corporate finance, strategic planning) and credit risk of the company
- Work with the management team to develop and execute corporate strategy and business plans to ensure that the company attains its short and long-term growth objectives
- Provide strategic lens and thought leadership to growth opportunities and scaling the business for sustainability
- Develop and oversee the development of financial tools, systems, and processes to enable effective and scalable decision-making throughout the company, providing critical financial and operational information and insights to all relevant stakeholders (Board, investors, CEO, senior management team, etc.)
- Oversee cash management and capital structure needs, identify working capital and debt financing needs
- Collaborate closely with and provide key insights to teams throughout the company, including HR, product, marketing, operations and growth
- Evaluate, improve and help build cross-company processes that are efficient and scalable; assist with crafting and realizing company policies and procedures that institutionalize proper controls
- Build strong internal control processes
- Ensure compliance to regulatory reporting requirements
- Lead and develop top finance and accounting talent
Who we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 10 years of extensive senior leadership experience in leading and developing finance functions at a fast-growing organization, preferably within the tech space
- Excellent EQ - managing relationships with a large external network of partners, as well as building and managing an internal team
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with FP&A, accounting, and capital management
- Entrepreneurial DNA - comfortable building a business from the ground up, making decisions in the face of ambiguity (but make data-driven decisions when possible) and dealing with major challenges along the way with poise
- Excellent communication skills; ability to develop concise summaries of complex analyses and data appropriate for various levels of consumption ranging from board members to team members across the company
- Experience overseeing complex projects through completion
- Strategic thinker with a strong ‘business sense’
What it’s like to work with us:
At Rise, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.
About applying with Rise:
Rise is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.